Rear-End Truck Accident Lawyers Who Fight for the Injured in McAllen
Were you in a wreck with a big rig, tractor-trailer, 18-wheeler or semi-truck?
Rear-end truck accidents can happen on any road, in McAllen and throughout Texas. When they involve a large commercial truck, people can be seriously hurt. If you’ve been injured in a rear-end truck accident, you need an experienced truck accident lawyer who knows how to get results. Attorney Aizar J. Karam Jr. and the legal team at Karam Law Firm are ready to help.
A fully loaded tractor-trailer can weigh as much as 80,000 pounds. It can cause a lot of damage when it crashes into the back of a passenger car. Even smaller commercial trucks can cause significant damage in a rear-end crash.
Truck accident lawyers ready to fight for you
A rear-end truck accident may happen due to:
- Following too closely – Large commercial trucks require more space before coming to full and complete stop. A driver who follows another car too closely may not be able to stop in time to prevent a crash.
- Speeding – The faster a truck is going, the harder it is to control. Drivers who exceed the speed limit can’t stop a truck safely if traffic conditions change on the road.
- Distracted driving – Drivers who are texting, talking on the phone or adjusting dashboard controls take their eyes off the road and don’t see traffic conditions changing.
- Fatigued driving – Drivers who exceed hours of service (HOS) regulations may be fatigued, resulting in poor decision-making and slowed reaction times.
- Defective or poorly maintained brakes – A trucking company may have failed to properly repair or maintain the truck, leaving the driver unable to prevent a crash.
Whatever caused the rear-end truck accident, your life can change in an instant. You can be seriously injured and require medical treatment. Medical expenses can add up quickly and become overwhelming. If you can’t work because of your injury, there is less money coming in. You can be left in a difficult situation – physically and financially.
Even if it’s clear that a truck crashed into your vehicle from behind, recovering financial compensation can be complicated. Truck drivers and trucking companies may deny doing anything wrong and refuse to accept responsibility. Insurance companies will try to limit your compensation and may even blame you for the accident.
Our truck accident lawyers build strong cases that get results
That’s why Karam Law investigates your accident to get the facts. Our legal team gathers evidence – including evidence owned by the trucking company. We carefully review accident reports and medical records. We interview witnesses and, if needed, consult accident reconstruction experts and other specialists.
Attorney Aizar J. Karam has more than 24 years of experience as an attorney. He builds strong cases and provides aggressive representation to help you recover the financial compensation you deserve. This includes compensation for all current and future medical expenses, lost wages and other damages, such as pain and suffering.
If you’ve been hurt in a rear-end truck accident, call the McAllen law firm that is highly respected, highly trusted and highly rated. Contact us to schedule a free consultation with an experienced truck accident lawyer. If we take your case, you pay no upfront cases and pay us nothing unless we recover compensation for you. We have offices conveniently located in McAllen and Edinburg.