Let an Experienced McAllen Car Accident Lawyer Fight for You
Attorney Aizar J. Karam Jr. is an aggressive advocate for the injured
If you were injured in a crash caused by someone else, McAllen car accident lawyer Aizar J. Karam Jr. and his dedicated legal team can help you fight back against the insurance company so that you can get the compensation you’re entitled to. When you let Karam Law Firm handle your case, you’re getting exceptional legal representation from an accomplished attorney who’s admired and respected by his peers. Find out how a McAllen car accident lawyer with over 24 years of experience and an AV Preeminent Rating from Martindale-Hubbell can help you. Contact us today for a free consultation. We have offices conveniently located in McAllen and Edinburg.
- Types of Car Accidents
- Types of Car Accident Injuries
- Car Accident FAQ
- Reading Your Texas Accident Report
- Dealing with the Insurance Company
- Uninsured Drivers
- What to Do if You Get Hit by a Car
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
As a former defense attorney who has extensive experience working with insurance companies, McAllen car accident lawyer Aizar J. Karam Jr. is uniquely qualified to help you get maximum compensation for your damages. He understands the tactics insurance companies use to save themselves money and won’t let them pressure you into accepting a payout that’s less than what you truly deserve.
Whether you got rear-ended and sustained whiplash, suffered a concussion in crash that wasn’t your fault, got hit by a car trying to cross the street, or tragically had someone you love die in a fatal crash caused by a drunk driver, contact our law firm right away. McAllen car accident attorney Aizar J. Karam Jr. can listen to you, answer your questions, talk about your legal options, and let you know what to expect moving forward.
I got into a car accident. Now what do I do?
Knowing what to do after getting into a car accident can be confusing and overwhelming, but you should do your best to remain calm so that you can assess the situation. Once you have your bearings, you should:
- Remain at the crash scene and check to see if you or any passengers need immediate medical attention. If so, call 911 right away and ask for them to send an ambulance. Otherwise, move your car out of the road and to a nearby safe location, such as the shoulder of the road or a parking lot, so that you don’t impede traffic or cause a second collision. If your car is too damaged to drive, activate your hazard lights and place cones, safety triangles or flares in the road to let other drivers know there’s been a crash. Once you’re safe, call police to let them know you were in a car accident.
- Gather information from everyone involved in your crash. Be sure to get their name, address, phone number, license plate number and all their insurance information. Do not discuss the car accident or start an argument about who is responsible for the crash. It’s best to just exchange information and avoid conversations about anything else.
- Take pictures and/or video of the crash scene. Capture damage to every car involved in the accident, visible injuries, tire marks, street signs, traffic signals, construction, and anything else that may be relevant to your crash.
- See if anyone saw the accident. If so, get their name and contact information. Eyewitness testimony is often a strong piece of evidence when building your case and determining fault.
- When police arrive, tell the investigating officer what happened. Tell the truth but be careful not to say anything that could be misinterpreted as admitting fault. Even something as harmless as “I didn’t see them” or “I’m sorry” could be interpreted as an admission of fault.
- Before your memory fades, write down everything you can remember about the accident. Make note of the time, location, weather conditions, and if there were any road hazards at the time of your crash.
- Get checked out by a licensed medical professional within 24 hours of your accident. Even if you don’t feel injured and you’re not experiencing any pain or symptoms, you might have internal damage or some other serious injury and not realize it. If you have an injury, such as whiplash, a concussion, or a back injury, you may experience delayed onset symptoms. Be sure to follow your doctor’s advice for treatment and attend all your follow-up appointments.
- Call your insurance company and let them know that you were involved in a car accident. Do not go into too much detail. Keep your comments to a minimum and just give them the essential, basic facts.
- Contact an experienced car accident lawyer for a free case evaluation and to understand your rights. Explain what happened and learn your legal options.
- Do not talk to the other driver’s insurance company. We recommend that you speak to an experienced car accident attorney first to make sure your rights are being protected. If they want to talk about fault, your injuries, compensation, or request a recorded statement, politely decline, and refer them to your attorney. Anything you say could be used against you to challenge or deny your claim.
What if the car accident wasn’t my fault?
Under most circumstances, if you were involved in a car accident that wasn’t your fault the driver who caused your crash will be responsible for all your accident-related expenses. That’s because Texas is a “fault” car insurance state.
If you were injured in a car accident that wasn’t your fault, you have a few different options to recover compensation for your damages, such as:
- Pursuing a claim against the at-fault driver’s insurance policy
- Pursuing a claim with your own insurance company
- Pursuing a lawsuit against the at-fault driver
All Texas drivers must carry minimum amounts of liability coverage but trying to navigate the insurance system on your own is often confusing and overwhelming. For example, under the state’s comparative negligence laws, any compensation you’re awarded can be reduced if you’re found to be partially at fault for your crash. That means if you’re found to be 25 percent at fault because you were speeding, your compensation could be reduced by 25 percent. To recover damages for your accident-related expenses, your negligence must also not be greater than that of the other driver.
What is the average settlement for a car accident claim in Texas?
The amount of compensation you can expect to recover for a car accident that wasn’t your fault will depend heavily on the unique circumstances surrounding your crash, such as the extent of your injuries and how the crash has changed your life overall. You may be eligible to recover compensation for:
- Property damage
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning capacity
- Replacement services
- Pain and suffering
An easy way to find out what your claim might be worth is to contact our law firm as soon as possible for a free consultation. McAllen car accident lawyer Aizar J. Karam Jr. can review the details of your case and give you an idea of what you may be entitled to recover in compensation.
Get results with an experienced McAllen car accident lawyer
When you get injured in a crash you should be focused on your recovery, not worrying about how you’re going to make ends meet or pay your bills. Even if your case seems straightforward, trying to navigate the confusing claims process on your own and get full compensation for your damages often turns into a struggle with the insurance company. That’s why you need someone on your side who has an in-depth understanding of how the system works and will aggressively advocate for your best interests.
Keep Calm and Call Karam. McAllen car accident lawyer Aizar J. Karam Jr. has the knowledge and experience to handle every aspect of your claim and knows what it takes to build a strong case on your behalf that gets results. Whether it’s at the negotiating table or in court in front of a judge and jury, Karam Law will fight to get you the compensation you need and deserve.
Best of all, we represent personal injury victims on a contingency fee basis. That means there are no upfront costs and you pay nothing unless we win. It’s that easy. See what an experienced McAllen car accident attorney can do for you. Contact us today for a free consultation.