What are the Most Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents?
Motorcycle crashes result in injury or death in McAllen and throughout Texas
Every year, thousands of motorcyclists are seriously injured or die in preventable motorcycle accidents. Sadly, many of these accidents can be traced back to the negligence of another driver or an irresponsible motorcycle manufacturer. McAllen motorcycle accident lawyer Aizar J. Karam Jr. understands why and how riders get injured in crashes caused by others and knows what it takes to hold the at-fault party responsible for their irresponsible actions.
When you let Karam Law Firm handle your case, you’re getting exceptional legal representation from an accomplished attorney who’s admired and respected by his peers. Find out how a McAllen motorcycle accident lawyer with over 24 years of experience and an AV Preeminent Rating from Martindale-Hubbell can help you. Contact us today for a free consultation. We have offices conveniently located in McAllen and Edinburg.
Negligence is a leading cause of motorcycle accidents
There are some motorcycle wrecks that occur due to the recklessness of the rider, but many serious motorcycle crashes are a direct result of someone else’s reckless behavior. Some of the leading causes of motorcycle accidents include:
- Texting and Driving: Sharing the road with someone who is reading or sending a text while driving is just as dangerous as sharing the road with a drunk driver. Texting while driving is the most common form of distracted driving and is responsible for thousands of serious motorcycle accidents every year. It can be tough for people in cars and other passenger vehicles to see you when you’re riding your motorcycle, but when someone is texting while driving and looking at their phone instead of the road, it makes it nearly impossible to see you.
- Speeding: If another driver is speeding or going too fast for the current road conditions, they may not notice you on your smaller motorcycle or have time to slow down to avoid a collision with you. They are also at greater risk of losing control of their car and crashing into you.
- Failure to Yield: Some drivers may fail to grant the right of way to you when you’re riding your motorcycle, resulting in a serious crash. Failure to yield motorcycle accidents often happen when another driver is attempting to make a left turn and pulls out in front of you, giving you no time to react and avoid the collision. These types of accidents can also happen when other drivers merge into traffic or change lanes on a highway.
- Drunk Driving/Impaired Driving: Drivers who operate their vehicles under the influence of alcohol or drugs endanger the lives of everyone they encounter on the road, including motorcyclists and their passengers.
- Aggressive Driving: Drivers who tailgate you, pass you illegally, make unsafe lane changes or don’t obey traffic control signals can cause a serious motorcycle accident that results in severe injury.
- Dooring: Dooring accidents occur when a person inside a stopped vehicle opens a car door into your path while you’re riding your motorcycle. Since dooring accidents typically happen without warning, you may get ejected from your motorcycle and sustain serious injuries.
- Defective Motorcycles: No matter what type of motorcycle you’re riding, a faulty design or manufacturer defect can result in mechanical failure while you’re riding and cause you to get seriously injured in a crash. Common motorcycle defects include a faulty engine, bad throttle response, defective brakes/brake failure, electrical problems, gas leaks, faulty wheels and tires, frame stability, and an overall unsafe design.
- Dangerous Road Conditions: Loose gravel, potholes, uneven pavement, roadkill and debris all pose a hazard to you when you’re riding a motorcycle. Hitting one of these hazards can cause you to get ejected from your motorcycle and suffer serious injuries.
Whether you were injured in an accident because of a negligent driver or got hurt in a crash due to defective motorcycle parts, McAllen motorcycle accident lawyer Aizar J. Karam Jr. can aggressively advocate for your best interests and hold the at-fault party accountable.
Let an experienced McAllen motorcycle accident lawyer fight for you
If you got injured or a loved one died in a motorcycle wreck caused by someone else, it’s critical that you take appropriate steps to protect your rights and put yourself in a position to get the compensation you deserve.
McAllen motorcycle accident lawyer Aizar J. Karam Jr. is a former defense attorney who has extensive experience working with insurance companies and understands how to build a strong case on your behalf that gets you results. Whether it’s through a negotiated cash settlement or by way of a court verdict, Karam Law will fight to get you the highest amount of compensation possible.
Best of all, we represent personal injury victims on a contingency fee basis. That means there are no upfront costs and you pay nothing unless we win. It’s that easy. Learn how an experienced McAllen motorcycle accident attorney can help you. Contact us today for a free consultation.