McAllen Hit-and-Run Accident Lawyers
Our highly respected Texas car accident attorneys can fight for justice for you
Car accidents caused by another driver can be frustrating under any circumstances. When another driver flees the scene of your crash, knowing what to do can be confusing. That’s why it’s important to talk to someone familiar with these types of car accidents – someone who knows the law and understands how the legal system works in your community.
Our highly respected McAllen hit-and-run accident lawyers at Karam Law Firm can help you every step of the way. Attorney Aizar J. Karam Jr. has more than 24 years of experience handling complex legal cases.
Attorney Karam has extensive experience working with insurance companies. As a result, he knows how they think. He knows the strategies they often use, and he knows how to negotiate effectively with them. You can count on Karam when it counts.
Why do drivers flee the scene of hit-and-run accidents?
To understand why hit-and-run accidents can often be complex legal cases, it’s important to understand why drivers often flee the scene of an accident. Some of the most common reasons why include:
- The other driver didn’t have a driver’s license.
- The other driver’s license has expired.
- The other driver doesn’t have car insurance.
- The other driver was under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- The other driver was driving a stolen car or committing a crime at the time of the crash.
- The other driver has an outstanding arrest warrant.
These are just some of the reasons why these car accidents often turn out to be complicated legal cases. That’s why we want to help you.
What makes hit-and-run accidents so complicated?
There are many other reasons why hit-and-run accidents often turn out to be complicated legal cases. These reasons include:
- The police cannot find the driver who caused your accident.
- Your insurance company denies your hit-and-run accident claim.
- Your hit-and-run accident involved a family member who died in the crash.
Don’t underestimate the seriousness and complexity of your hit-and-run accident. Talk to an attorney at our law firm as soon as possible. We’re here to help you.
What should I do after my hit-and-run accident?
If you or a loved one has been involved in a car accident caused by a hit-and-run driver, we strongly recommend that you take the following steps to protect your rights and your health:
- Do not try to follow the hit-and-run driver. You could put your life at risk.
- Call the police immediately and tell them you have been involved in a hit-and-run accident.
- Write down as much as you can remember about the car and driver who caused your crash, including:
- Type of car
- Color of car
- Direction car was heading
- Driver’s gender, race or any other distinguishing attributes
- If someone saw your accident, get the witness’ full name, address and phone number.
- Call your insurance company and tell them you have been in a hit-and-run accident.
- Keep your comments brief when talking to the insurance company.
- Do not discuss your accident with friends or co-workers.
- Do not post anything on social media about your hit-and-run accident.
- Contact our law firm right away.
Anything you say or write about your hit-and-run accident could jeopardize the outcome of your accident claim. That’s why it’s important to say as little as possible after your crash, especially when dealing with your insurance company.
Depending on the severity of your injuries, the length of your recovery and other factors, your accident-related expenses can easily add up to thousands or even millions of dollars. That’s why it’s critical that you talk to an attorney at our law firm right away. We can evaluate your case, explain your options and negotiate on your behalf. If the insurance company refuses to cooperate, we can file a car accident lawsuit on your behalf. Your best interests come first here.
You have rights. Our law firm can fight for them. Call Karam. We can help.
Don’t wait to take legal action. The sooner we can get to work on your case, the stronger the evidence we may be able to find to support your claim. Count on Karam when it matters most. Contact us and your free case evaluation with a McAllen hit-and-run accident lawyer who cares about your case.
The key to winning your case is Karam Law Firm – highly respected and highly trusted attorneys.